Mens Outdoor Jackets(42 Products)
Protect yourself against an unpredictable environment with our selection of men's outdoor jackets. Designed to hold up to any alpine challenge like ski mountaineering, these comfortable men's jackets keep you safe on any adventure. One of the bests men's waterproof jackets keeps you dry in all your mountain adventures. Warm, comfortable and reliable, men's jackets and accessories are your first line of defence against unpredictable weather and harsh temperatures. Invest in some of the most innovative materials on the market for support against wind, snow, and rain. Don't accept less than flexibility, waterproof and breathability from your hiking jacket. Men's coats from Salewa can be worn either over mid-layers and base-layers, or by themselves during warmer summer days. Protection and support without restriction, we can help whether you're looking for men's ski jackets, a simple vest, or your next line of defence. Don't start your next journey without the comfort and confidence of the right outdoor jacket. Find your size, select the colour and add your new jacket to the list. Bundle up and brave the outdoors!
- Trekking jackets for men ▸ Get Set for your Treks |
- Trekking jackets for men ▸ Get Set for your Treks | Salewa®
- Mens Climbing Vests ▸ Jackets for Rock Climbing |
- Mens Ski Mountaineering Jackets ▸ Go for challenges |
- Mens Speed Hiking vests ▸ Fast Hiking Jackets |
- Mens Red Jackets ▸ Get a Red Outdoor Coat |
- Mens Green Outdoor Sports Jackets ▸ Get it Green |
- Mens Blue Mountain Sports Coats & Jackets
- Mens Black Jackets ▸ Get a black outdoor Coat |
- Mens Orange Outdoor Jackets ▸ Get a Orange Coat |
- Mens Yellow Outdoor Jackets ▸ Get it yellow |
- Mens Brown Outdoor Jackets ▸ Brown Sports Jackets |
- Mens Grey Mountain Sports Jackets |
- Womens Orange Outdoor Sports Jackets & Vests |
- Mens Windbreaker Jackets ▸ Windproof Jackets |
- Mens Waterproof Jackets ▸ Get it Water-resistant |
- Mens breathable Jackets & Vests |
- Mens Light & Ultra-light Jackets and Vest |
- Mens Outdoor Gore Tex Jackets » Get it Gore Tex |
How to choose an outdoor jacket for men?
So what do you need to consider? First up, which season is the jacket for and what weather conditions do you expect to encounter?
- For less severe conditions
To be able to adjust to changing conditions, go for a light shell and midlayer or a breathable softshell that you can wear all day whatever the weather.
- For rainy conditions
Lightweight packable rain jacket or waterproof, breathable hardshell – the choice is yours.
- For cold-weather conditions
Down has an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio down, while wool and synthetic insulation fills come into their own in wetter conditions.
Don’t forget the gilet option – they’re an easy way to get additional core body warmth and won’t take up much space in your pack.
What types of outdoor jackets are there?
Think about what activity you want your jacket for:
- Speed Hiking – lightweight, packable weather-protective shells, built for comfort, and breathability.
- Trekking – reliable waterproof, breathable jackets for extensive mountain use.
- Mountaineering – rugged hardshells with climbing-specific detailing, engineered to ensure full freedom of movement.
- Ski Touring – weatherproof jackets that provide protection from the elements without you overheating.
- Climbing – lightweight jackets to keep you dry and comfortable, while enabling outstanding freedom of movement.
- Alpine Life – less technical jackets offering warmth, breathability and lightweight comfort in classic alpine styles.
How important is the design of outdoor jackets?
SALEWA® is known for its outstanding fits and ergonomic designs. We tailor each jacket for a specific activity focus. By using free motion patterning and bodymapped insulation, we ensure that they follow your movements and provide you with targeted warmth where you need it most.
What material is best for an outdoor jacket?
There are so many great technical performance fabrics out there. Maybe, the first issue to clear up is how you feel about softshells? Softshells protect you from the elements, but not to the extent that a hardshell jacket will. Often made of a softer fabric, they can serve as a midlayer under a hardshell or alone during high-intensity mountain use in less severe weather conditions. If the weather looks like it could be bad, you can’t beat a waterproof, breathable hardshell.
For insulation jackets, down has the highest warmth-to-weight ratio, but is less effective in wet weather. Synthetic insulation and wool blends perform well when wet, resist water and are highly breathable.
How should an outdoor jacket fit?
You want a jacket that will follow your movements, but not get in the way.
Loose means more ventilation and options to add layers underneath, whereas a tighter fit will be more streamlined in strong winds and have a lower overall weight. All our mountain shells are designed to give you full reach on overhead moves without the hem riding up. Bear in mind that softshells also have stretch built into the fabric and are generally less restrictive.
Think also about the length of your jacket. Are you looking for a short, regular or longer cut? Length is an important aspect to consider and will depend on your body shape.
Decent cuffs can make a world of difference. For use in colder/ winter conditions, your cuffs should extend to cover your wrists and still allow room for gloves.
Check that the jacket has the right number of pockets and that you will still be able to access them when you’re wearing a pack or harness.