Alpine-X Ice Axe
A lightweight, hybrid ice axe for general mountaineering. Its ergonomic shape makes it especially comfortable to carry in the hand when used for support on ascents and descents. Its strong, aggressive steel blade gives improved penetration in steep alpine couloirs or for glacier work. With a sharpened shovel for effective cutting steps and chopping ledges and straight shaft for smooth plunging and secure belay construction.
- Extremely comfortable to carry in the hand thanks to ergonomically shaped head
- Aggressive 3 mm blade designed for reliable penetration in ice and snow
- Good anchoring due to weight concentrated in precision-cast steel head
- Straight shaft for good snow penetration and reliable belay construction (deadman)
- Sharp (replaceable) carbide tip at bottom for better grip when moving on hard snow or ice
- Sharpened adze for effective cutting steps and chopping ledges
- Compatible with SALEWA self-locking handrest and handloop
- Holes for clipping carabiner at head and bottom of shaft base
- Anodised and hardened high-tech aluminium 7075, T6 shaft
- Spare part /accessory: 1094 PICK GUARD, 1753 SPIKE FOR ICE AXE, 1752 HANDREST FOR ICE AXE, 1743 LEASH
- Shipments to Italy are delivered within 2/3 business days.
- Shipments to the European Union take approximately 4/5 business days.
- All returned products must be in perfect saleable condition.
- Returned products must be unworn, unwashed and unaltered.
- Returned products must have all the original tags and labels and be in their original and integral packaging.
Check the Returns page in the Help Area here.