The Salewa Alpine-Tec Hammer axe is a lightweight, hybrid ice axe for general to more technical mountaineering in steeper environments. As such, it’s ideal for snowy couloirs or steep slopes.
It is slightly more curved and shorter than our straight shaft Alpine-X axe and comes with a sharp, aggressive 3 mm blade and a minimalist handrest that adjusts without requiring tools. Its ergonomic shaped head makes it especially comfortable to carry in the hand, when used for support on ascents and descents.
Its strong, aggressive steel blade gives improved penetration in steep alpine couloirs or for glacier work. And it has a sharp, replaceable carbide tip at the bottom of the shaft for better contact when moving over hard snow or ice.
This version has a sharpened shovel for effectively cutting steps and chopping ledges.
- Extremely comfortable to carry in the hand thanks to ergonomically shaped head
- Sharp and aggressive 3mm blade for reliable penetration in ice and snow
- Good anchoring due to weight concentrated in precision-cast steel head
- Minimalist, ergonomic handrest – adjustable without tools
- Slightly curved upper shaft for clearance and good snow penetration in steeper terrain
- Durable, sharp (replaceable) carbide tip at bottom for better grip when moving on hard snow or ice
- Sharpened adze for effective cutting steps and chopping ledges or nut-shaped hammer for anchoring pitons
- Compatible with SALEWA self-locking handrest and handloop
- Holes for clipping carabiner at head and bottom of shaft base
- Anodised and hardened high-tech aluminium 7075, T6 shaft
- Spare part /accessory: 1094 PICK GUARD, 1753 SPIKE FOR ICE AXE, 1752 HANDREST FOR ICE AXE, 1743 LEASH
- Shipments to Italy are delivered within 2/3 business days.
- Shipments to the European Union take approximately 4/5 business days.
- All returned products must be in perfect saleable condition.
- Returned products must be unworn, unwashed and unaltered.
- Returned products must have all the original tags and labels and be in their original and integral packaging.
Check the Returns page in the Help Area here.