Salewa is committed to providing high-quality, durable mountain sports products while leaving as little trace as possible in nature. We have been putting a lot of effort into creating products that are socially and environmentally responsible. We still have a long way to go, but we are improving step by step.
We want our customers to know what they are buying, to have all the necessary information to make an informed purchase and understand the true value of a product.
The Salewa Committed icon marks the products that meet our strict internal criteria.
OUR SALEWA COMMITTED SELECTION
THE SALEWA COMMITTED STORY
A Salewa product can have a Committed icon only if it fulfils both mandatory and at least one additional criterion.
1. Chemicals verified: More than 90% of the product weight meets at least one of the following criteria:
- The main fabric (or the entire product) has been chemically tested by a third party according to the Oberalp Chemical Policy
- The main fabric is bluesign® certified
2. Factory monitored for social standards: The factory where the product has been manufactured has been audited for social standards and working conditions by a third-party. Each audit has a 3-year validity. If the audit has been conducted more than 3 years ago and no new audit has been conducted, this criteria does not apply.
1. PFAS-free: This criterion only applies to styles with a DWR treatment (Durable Water Repellency). All fabrics in the style must be PFAS-free.
2. Recycled content: The product contains at least 50% recycled materials (by surface) or a combination of at least 50% recycled and natural materials.
3. Responsibly sourced down: The down in the product is all RDS certified - (Responsible Down Standards).
4. Recycled/Natural materials: The product contains at least 50% natural materials (by surface) – VISCOSE (VI) – WOOL (WO) - TirolWool® or wool which is certified mulesing free – TENCEL® (CTY) – LINEN (LI) – HEMP (CA) – COTTON (CO) – or a combination of at least 50% natural and recycled materials.