The hot-forged steel pick and 20° offset 7075 aluminium shaft guarantee a balanced swing action and secure, precise placement on all types of rock and ice. And the insulated synthetic grip provides effective protection from the cold – a real bonus on longer routes. For extra safety on the descent, the North-X has a replaceable steel tip at the bottom instead of a spike, as it provides a better hold on rock and ice.
- Precision-cast steel head is comfortable to carry in the hand when used for support on ascents and descents
- Aggressive blade for secure placement in every type of ice and rock
- Balanced weight and a 20° offset shaft for optimal swinging and efficient belay anchoring
- Easy-adjust handrest for an improved hold or hand switching in steep terrain (single-handed adjustment, no tools required)
- Anchor leash on shaft (5kN tear strength), also suitable for self-belaying
- Handrest can move upwards in snow for smooth plunging or to be kept out of the way when building anchors
- Synthetic grip provides insulation from the cold
- Replaceable hard metal tip at bottom for better grip when moving over icy surfaces
- Available with adze and hammer
- Spare part /accessory: 1094 PICK GUARD, 1753 SPIKE FOR ICE AXE, 1752 HANDREST FOR ICE AXE, 1744 NORTH-X BLADE, 1743 LEASH
- Certifications: CE EN 13089, T, EN 13089 Type 2, UIAA 152
- Length: UNI ( 52.5 )
- Weight Size: UNI ( 540 g )
- Materials Description: Steel head and blade, 7075 aluminium shaft, carbide spike
Delivery & Returns
Delivery and tracking begin when you receive the shipping confirmation email. Orders may take 24 to 36 hours to process.
- Shipments to Italy are delivered within 2/3 business days.
- Shipments to the European Union take approximately 4/5 business days.
- Shipments to the rest of the world take approximately 6/7 business days (not accounting for customs delays).
To return a product, you have to complete the procedure within 30 days of delivery.
- All returned products must be in perfect saleable condition.
- Returned products must be unworn, unwashed and unaltered.
- Returned products must have all the original tags and labels and be in their original and integral packaging.
Check the Returns page in the Help Area here.