The Ortles Softshell Jacket is a windproof, water repellent and breathable GORE® Windstopper® softshell. Designed for alpine mountaineering, it has all the functional details you need.
Developed together with leading mountain guides’ organizations in the Alps, it provides professional-grade protection and functionality for activities such as alpine mountaineering, ski mountaineering, glacier mountaineering and ice climbing. In addition, the jacket has been designed using SALEWA’s body mapping system which matches different materials to different parts of the body for targeted performance at each area. As a result, the Ortles WS/DST Jacket combines 4-way stretch GORE® Windstopper® fabric with Durastretch® side panels to ensure superior freedom of movement.
The Ortles Softshell Jacket also features SALEWA’s Free Motion patterning to prevent hem-lift and ensure comfort and protection even during strenuous climbing activities.
- Storm hood with preshaped visor, ergonomically tailored to a climbing helmet, one-hand rear adjustment system
- Tailored,fixed and adjustable hood
- High collar integrated into hood for maximum protection
- Ergonomically shaped sleeves
- Special sleeve design (gusset) for good freedom of movement
- Velcro-adjustable cuffs
- Ease of movement through stretch inserts
- Chest pocket designed for easy access while climbing or with a backpack
- Elastic hem adjustment system with cord locks
- High-quality inner finish
- Stretch, double-stitched seaming
- Weight: 478 g (50/L)
- Fit: Athletic Fit
- Layers: Softshell
- Gender: Male
- Main material: WINDSTOPPER® SOFTSHELL RIPSTOP 3L 172 ( 86%PA 14%EA )
- Main Finishing: DURABLE WATER REPELLENT C6
- Insert: Side / Elbow / Knee / Innerleg hem / Backside / Shoulder