Delivery time appr. 2-4 workdays
Exceptionally tough, waterproof and breathable
Dry, wet, plastic, cauliflowers, chandeliered, fat, thin, fragile or bullet proof… ice climbing is one of the most intense forms of climbing going. The Dolomites are well known for summer climbing; however, the winter climbing is equally impressive. The Illuminati shell suit is named after one of the world's most beautiful, difficult and fragile multi-pitch mixed climbs: Illuminati (M11+ WI6+, 5 pitches, 150 m) in Val Lunga, Dolomites, Italy.
Designed for specialists
Designed for alpine specialists, operating in severe environments, the Illuminati has an exceptionally durable, waterproof, breathable Powertex construction with fully taped seams and a PFC-free DWR finish. The one-piece construction prevents snow or ice from getting up your back, there are deep side ventilation zip openings right down to the bottom of the sleeve and there’s an ergonomically inset rear rainbow zipper (to answer to the call of nature). Close-fitting, internal neoprene cuffs prevent water running down into your sleeves. And as you might expect, the free motion patterning and gusseted design allow for unrestricted freedom of movement when climbing. The high-vis colour is excellent for whiteout conditions and easier to spot in an emergency.
The innovative, 3-layer laminate, Powertex Responsive shell fabric is extremely abrasion resistant and benefits from outstanding waterproofing (water column: 20,000 mm), windproofing and breathability (MVTR: 20,000 g/m2/24). Its reverse side features a special fabric print based on a unique blend of thermoreactive Responsive minerals, which absorb far-infrared radiation (FIR) emitted by the body and release it back into muscle tissue over time – even if you are wearing multiple layers in between, as far-infrared radiation energy simply passes through other fabrics. The result: increased blood flow, greater cellular performance and higher oxygen levels that promote better performance and faster recovery, and help you to stay warm longer. Responsive has been scientifically tested, and worn and proven by alpinists. In addition, the print is permanent and will not wash off.
The storm-proof, helmet-compatible hood adjusts single-handedly, including when gloved up, for optimal vision at all times and the high collar is also integrated into the hood for further protection. The pocket configuration includes two waterproof, harness-compatible, high-capacity chest bellows pockets, one large mesh inner pocket (for skins or gloves) and a further inside pocket with thermal padding, useful for a mobile phone or other battery-powered devices. The tailored lower leg with zips and lacehooks ensures a close fit over boots and keeps the cuffs secure, minimizing the risk of crampon snags. Reinforced kick patches provide additional protection from cuts and abrasion. And the internal gaiters prevent snow ingress. Don’t forget to slow it down. Fast is not cool. Stay solid and stay locked in.
A one-piece hardshell suit for alpine specialists.
- Free motion patterning ensures no hem-lift while climbing
- Ergonomic waistband (with elastic insert)
- Gusset for freedom of movement
- Storm hood with preshaped visor, ergonomically tailored to a climbing helmet, one-hand rear adjustment system
- High collar integrated into hood for maximum protection
- Deep side ventilation zip openings from the bottom of the sleeve
- Waterproof front zip
- 2 chest bellow waterproof pockets for increased capacity
- Ergonomically inset rear rainbow zipper (to answer to the call of nature)
- 1 large mesh inner pocket (for skins or gloves)
- Inside pocket with thermal padding useful for carrying a mobile phone or other battery-powered devices
- Velcro-adjustable cuffs
- Water-repellent stretch material insert that closes cuff for added protection against snow or water
- Leg ends with side zip
- Generous edge and crampon protection
- Powder skirt
- Bottom hem hooks to attach to footwear
- Bonded details
- Laser cut 3D logo
- Waterproof finish, all seams welded
- Breathability: 20000 gr/m2/24h
- Fit: Athletic Fit
- Gender: Male
- Layers: Shell 3L/2.5L/2L
- Technologies: Bonding
- Water column: 20000 mmH20
- Weight: 835 g (50/L)
- Main Finishing: DURABLE WATER REPELLENT - PFC FREE
- Main material: POWERTEX RESPONSIVE 20k/20k 3L BI-CHROMATIC PFC FREE DWR 115 (100% Polyamide)