Delivery time appr. 2-4 business days
Alpine mountaineering is a stop-start activity. In cold conditions, this can make it difficult to keep the right thermal balance. The Ortles RDS Down Hybrid is a bodymapped, technical insulation jacket engineered for changing activity levels in cold conditions.
It’s bodymapped to provide sufficient warmth, but prevent excessive heat build-up. At the most important areas – the front torso, back and arms – it’s insulated with 90/10, 750 cuin RDS certified duck down. Where less insulation is required, and the material is subjected to greater stress – for example at the shoulders – we use robust and breathable 100-gram Tirol Wool Responsive. You sweat most at your underarms and back, so here we use Polartec Alpha Direct Wool to allow body heat and moisture to escape quickly. The insulation is packaged in a wind-resistant and water-repellent ripstop shell with a PFC-free DWR (durable water repellent) finish to keep out wet weather and seal in warmth.
This is a Salewa Committed style that meets strict and third party-audited sustainability and social responsibility standards. In addition, its shell fabric is made of bluesign®-approved nylon and the down is Responsible Down Standard certified.
Our most technical Alpine Mountaineering insulation piece.
- Tailored, rear-adjustable, insulated hood
- Collar integrated into hood with closure up to chin for maximum comfort and breathability
- Free motion patterning ensures no hem-lift while climbing
- Waterproof front zip
- Direct Access®
- Zipped chest pocket
- Inside pocket in stretch mesh with stretch border
- Elasticated tight cuff for snow protection
- Body-mapping design with TirolWool® Responsive inserts
- Ultra light downproof construction
- Engineered with bluesign® approved materials
*Hover over the icons for care instructions
- Back length: 68 cm (44/38)
- Fit: Athletic Fit
- Gender: Female
- Layers: Insulation
- Padding weight: 76.6 g
- Weight: 420 g (44/38)
- CSR: Responsible Down Standard (RDS)
- Insulation: POLARTEC® ALPHA DIRECT WOOL 153 g/sqm, PURE WHITE DUCK DOWN 90/10 750cuin RDS, TIROL WOOL® RESPONSIVE 100 (60% Polyester 40% Virgin Wool)
- Lining: NYLON WOVEN DOWNPROOF 20D PFC FREE BLUESIGN 38 g/sqm (100% Polyamide), POLARTEC® ALPHA DIRECT WOOL 153 g/sqm (63% Polyester 33% Virgin Wool 4% Polyamide)
- Main Finishing: DURABLE WATER REPELLENT - PFC FREE
- Main material: NYLON WOVEN RIPSTOP 15D PFC FREE 40 g/sqm (100% Polyamide)
Delivery & Returns
We have partnered with UPS to ensure a delivery service that is fast and reliable.
UPS Ground: $8.95, 4-8 business days
Shipping is paid for by the customer, except for promotional and limited periods in which we offer the service free of charge.
We do not currently ship to Canada, APO addresses or to P.O. boxes.
Orders are processed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are prepared by our warehouse Monday through Friday. Orders placed after 12:00 p.m. MST on Friday will be processed the following week.
For information about returning a product please refere to the Return Policy page.
Shipping & Payment
Our online store accepts payments via:
- Amazon Pay
You may select from these payment methods at the end of the order process.
The exact amount will be displayed at the checkout before you pay.
Check the Delivery page in our Help Area for more information.