The highly durable ripstop 2-layer Powertex shell fabric has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish to keep the weather out. Inside, we pad it out with high-quality 90/10 pure down with 750-fill power. The down is packed in 3D box chamber construction baffles with a soft, comfortable lining. All our down is Responsible Down Standard approved and comes from independently audited and traceable sources.
Functional feature set
Among the stand-out functional features of this jacket are the hood, which works well with or without a helmet thanks to its clever zip gusset. It has front and back drawcords to give a close, precise fit. In addition, the hood is built into the high collar and has internal draft tubes both at the neck and around the face for additional storm protection. The 2-way front zip allows excellent access to your harness and belay device if worn under your jacket. At the hem, there are two cuffs, including a windproof gaiter to lock cold draughts out and seal your core warmth in. The cuffs are designed to work well with big winter gloves – they have a wider opening to tuck them into with a Velcro-adjust closure to cinch them down.
Our iconic Ortles Heavy Down Jacket – maximum warmth, protection and mobility all with minimum bulk.
- Padded helmet compatible hood with zippered gusset to guarantee precise fit with or without helmet
- Front and back adjustment of hood for perfect fit
- High collar integrated into hood for maximum protection
- Free motion patterning ensures no hem-lift while climbing
- Ergonomic sleeves and shoulders for a good fit
- Front zip with internal full-length windproof flap
- Zipped chest pocket
- 2 zipped outer pockets
- Padded insert behind pocket zip for maximum thermal protection
- Elastic hem adjustment system with cord locks
- Velcro-adjustable cuffs
- Gusset integrated into the cuff for extra width to tuck up gloved hands
- 2 large stretch inner pockets
- 3D down box (chamber) construction for insulation
- Insulation positioned to meet needs of different areas of the body
- Compression stow bag
- Engineered with bluesign® approved materials
- Bonded details
- We do not currently ship to Canada.
- Free Shipping on all orders over $200
- All returned products must be in perfect saleable condition.
- Returned products must be unworn, unwashed and unaltered.
- Returned products must have all the original tags and labels and be in their original and integral packaging.
- Free Returns after 30 days
Check the Returns page in the Help Area.
- Blue electric