Delivery time appr. 2-4 business days
The Ortles Heavy Down Jacket was designed in response to detailed feedback from our team of alpine athletes and mountain guides. For an exceptionally warm down jacket, it still allows good freedom of movement. This is due to its free-motion patterning and ergonomic sleeves and shoulders.
The highly durable ripstop 2-layer Powertex shell fabric has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish to keep the weather out. Inside, we pad it out with high-quality 90/10 pure down with 750-fill power. The down is packed in 3D box chamber construction baffles with a soft, comfortable lining. All our down is Responsible Down Standard approved and comes from independently audited and traceable sources.
Functional feature set
Among the stand-out functional features of this jacket are the hood, which works well with or without a helmet thanks to its clever zip gusset. It has front and back drawcords to give a close, precise fit. In addition, the hood is built into the high collar and has internal draft tubes both at the neck and around the face for additional storm protection. The 2-way front zip allows excellent access to your harness and belay device if worn under your jacket. At the hem, there are two cuffs, including a windproof gaiter to lock cold draughts out and seal your core warmth in. The cuffs are designed to work well with big winter gloves – they have a wider opening to tuck them into with a Velcro-adjust closure to cinch them down.
Our iconic Ortles Heavy Down Jacket – maximum warmth, protection and mobility all with minimum bulk.
- Padded helmet compatible hood with zippered gusset to guarantee precise fit with or without helmet
- Front and back adjustment of hood for perfect fit
- High collar integrated into hood for maximum protection
- Free motion patterning ensures no hem-lift while climbing
- Ergonomic sleeves and shoulders for a good fit
- Front zip with internal full-length windproof flap
- Zipped chest pocket
- 2 zipped outer pockets
- Padded insert behind pocket zip for maximum thermal protection
- Elastic hem adjustment system with cord locks
- Velcro-adjustable cuffs
- Gusset integrated into the cuff for extra width to tuck up gloved hands
- 2 large stretch inner pockets
- 3D down box (chamber) construction for insulation
- Insulation positioned to meet needs of different areas of the body
- Compression stow bag
- Engineered with bluesign® approved materials
- Bonded details
*Hover over the icons for care instructions
- Back length: 71 cm (44/38)
- Breathability: 8000 gr/m2/24h
- Fit: Athletic Fit
- Gender: Female
- Layers: Insulation
- Padding weight: 234 g
- Technologies: High density
- Water column: 10000 mmH2O
- Weight: 760 gr (44/M)
- CSR: Responsible Down Standard (RDS)
- Insulation: DUCK WHITE DOWN 90/10 CUIN 750 RDS
- Lining: NYLON 20D PLAIN DOWNPROOF 38 BS (100% Polyamide)
- Main Finishing: PFC-free DWR
- Main material: POWERTEX 2L 10k/8k 40D PFC FREE BLUESIGN 82 g/sqm (88% Polyamide 12% Polyester), POWERTEX 2L RIPSTOP 10k/10k 40D PFC FREE BLUESIGN 83 g/sqm (100% Polyamide)
Delivery & Returns
We have partnered with UPS to ensure a delivery service that is fast and reliable.
UPS Ground: $8.95, 4-8 business days
Shipping is paid for by the customer, except for promotional and limited periods in which we offer the service free of charge.
We do not currently ship to Canada, APO addresses or to P.O. boxes.
Orders are processed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are prepared by our warehouse Monday through Friday. Orders placed after 12:00 p.m. MST on Friday will be processed the following week.
For information about returning a product please refere to the Return Policy page.
Shipping & Payment
Our online store accepts payments via:
- Amazon Pay
You may select from these payment methods at the end of the order process.
The exact amount will be displayed at the checkout before you pay.
Check the Delivery page in our Help Area for more information.