Delivery time appr. 2-4 business days
A lightweight, hybrid ice axe for general to more technical mountaineering.
The Salewa Alpine-Tec Hammer axe is a lightweight, hybrid ice axe for general to more technical mountaineering in steeper environments. As such, it’s ideal for snowy couloirs or steep slopes.
It is slightly more curved and shorter than our straight shaft Alpine-X axe and comes with a sharp, aggressive 3 mm blade and a minimalist handrest that adjusts without requiring tools. Its ergonomic shaped head makes it especially comfortable to carry in the hand, when used for support on ascents and descents.
Its strong, aggressive steel blade gives improved penetration in steep alpine couloirs or for glacier work. And it has a sharp, replaceable carbide tip at the bottom of the shaft for better contact when moving over hard snow or ice.
This version has a sharpened shovel for effectively cutting steps and chopping ledges.
- Extremely comfortable to carry in the hand thanks to ergonomically shaped head
- Sharp and aggressive 3mm blade for reliable penetration in ice and snow
- Good anchoring due to weight concentrated in precision-cast steel head
- Minimalist, ergonomic handrest – adjustable without tools
- Slightly curved upper shaft for clearance and good snow penetration in steeper terrain
- Durable, sharp (replaceable) carbide tip at bottom for better grip when moving on hard snow or ice
- Sharpened adze for effective cutting steps and chopping ledges or nut-shaped hammer for anchoring pitons
- Compatible with SALEWA self-locking handrest and handloop
- Holes for clipping carabiner at head and bottom of shaft base
- Anodised and hardened high-tech aluminium 7075, T6 shaft
- Spare part /accessory: 1094 PICK GUARD, 1753 SPIKE FOR ICE AXE, 1752 HANDREST FOR ICE AXE, 1743 LEASH
- Certifications: CE EN 13089, B, UIAA 152
- Pick type: B (1)
- Shaft type: B (1)
- Materials: Carbon steel head, 7075 aluminium shaft, carbide spike
Delivery & Returns
We have partnered with UPS to ensure a delivery service that is fast and reliable.
UPS Ground: $8.95, 4-8 business days
Shipping is paid for by the customer, except for promotional and limited periods in which we offer the service free of charge.
We do not currently ship to Canada, APO addresses or to P.O. boxes.
Orders are processed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are prepared by our warehouse Monday through Friday. Orders placed after 12:00 p.m. MST on Friday will be processed the following week.
For information about returning a product please refere to the Return Policy page.
Shipping & Payment
Our online store accepts payments via:
- Amazon Pay
You may select from these payment methods at the end of the order process.
The exact amount will be displayed at the checkout before you pay.
Check the Delivery page in our Help Area for more information.